সোমবার, ১৫ জুলাই, ২০১৩

The Old Stoic by Emily Bront? | Poets.org - Enumclaw Courier-Herald

The Old Stoic

?

Riches I hold in light esteem,

And Love I laugh to scorn;

And lust of fame was but a dream,

That vanished with the morn:

?

And if I pray, the only prayer

That moves my lips for me

Is, "Leave the heart that now I bear,

And give me liberty!"

?

Yes, as my swift days near their goal:

'Tis all that I implore;

In life and death a chainless soul,

With courage to endure.

?

About This Poem

"The Old Stoic" appeared in a volume of poetry compiled by the Bront? sisters--Charlotte, Emily, and Anne--and published in 1846. They wrote under masculine pseudonyms based on their real initials, calling their book Poems by Currer, Ellis, and Acton Bell.

Emily Bront? was born on July 30, 1818, in Thornton, England. She is best known for her only novel Wuthering Heights, widely considered one of the greatest in the English language.?Bront? died in 1848.

?

Source: http://www.courierherald.com/entertainment/215448041.html

Teen Wolf linkedin linkedin Frank Lautenberg Pia Zadora chicago blackhawks Alexandra Lenas

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন